martes, 19 de mayo de 2015

Communicative Competence Conceptual Map

Hello. This is my first entry, and it includes my concept map. The concept map is about communicative competence. Communicative competence refers to abilities that a person have in order to manage communication.  In the following concept map I will show the difference between linguistic competence and communicative competence, so I will describe some features from each one. The concept map content is based on the video by Jack C. Richards and the Larsen, Freeman and Donei's text.
Either the video and the video were very interrelated and useful in order to understand the communicative compentece concept. However, I think the text was a widely resource to understand the  communicative competence features.


















For me, it was very difficult to decide what items should have appeared in the map, because the concepts are broad . The pragmatic factors, in my opinion, are the most relevant because they determine the intentions, so I think this probably the most difficult issue that students have to deal with.

2 comentarios:

  1. "Either the video and the video" I'm a bit confused, you meant "Either the video and the text"?

    Also, I think the text is "widely resourceful" Instead of "widely resource"

    "For me" It's a clear native language interference, so try to change it to "In my opinion", "I think" , "From my perspective" or something similar

    In "so I think this probably" you missed "So I think this propably IS"

    I really liked you map, it's well organized. and the information it's summarized.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. As in Esteban's comment, there are many grammatical mistakes that esteban have mentioned. Now, about your concept map yo kept it simple and is easy to understand, but the probleme here is the levels that you have, I think you used colours to match lavels but also there are other concepts that are using the same colour so I got confused. In my opinion the next time that you use colour to define levels also try to place those at the same height in order to avoid misunderstandings.

    ResponderEliminar