domingo, 5 de julio de 2015

Learning Assessment Reflection

In this entry, I will share my opinion and reflection about the assessment tools that we have seen during the course. I will use a brief text and a video to explain the points which I want to share.

Concept Maps

About concept maps, I have to say these are easier forms to organize information but at the same time it is a great challenge. You have to categorize the data and look for the most appropriate connectors in order to create the most clear map as possible.

Rubrics
In my opinion, rubrics are the most important factor to take into account in the assessment process. All that we want to apply has to be related with a rubric, because it will provide us a guide and a criteria to control the learning process. As a result, students will be more focus on the process, the achievements and their performance.

Portfolio

 I used to think that portfolios were just a collection of homeworks. Portfolio, for me, was just an evidence about what you have done during the course. Now, I know that all depends on the focus that you want to develop. If you want to assess the students' progress or proficiency, a portfolio will be the best option, because it will provide information about the student performance.

In addition, in my experience of having a blog as a portfolio, I think this was demanding and very practice because you upload your work and you are responsible about what you want to explain and share. So, your work has to be clear and meaningful for the class, or for the persons who are going to see your blog.

Tests
I have to say that testing has a lot of components which I didn't use to take into account before this course. However, the main issue that I could recognize in the process of developing a test is to be careful with the content and the component, all has to be consistent. Since students are very accostumed to take tests as an assessment requirement, all of them are very focus on obtaining high grades, for that reason, tests represent a high impact in student's life.

Finally, I could recognize that everything (each tool) has to be measured in an appropriate way. It would be very great to apply all these tools in the lessons, but we always have to be focus on obtain the results that are supposed to be obtained.
As a final comment, I would like to say that I hope to get a class in order to apply and review the topics that we have seen in this course.

Thanks for reading. We see you next time.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario